- government signs new contracts with Southeastern and GWR to ensure vital train services continue to connect the South of England and Wales during COVID-19 outbreak
- new agreements with Govia and First will ensure that those who need to can continue to travel and will provide certainty for...Read More »
During the crisis so far the EU has battled to keep its belief in open borders as law around the EU. The member states have taken a different attitude.
The EU says “A crisis without borders cannot be resolved by putting barriers between us”. It has despite this allowed or encouraged...Read More »
Specialist units across government are working at pace to combat false and misleading narratives about coronavirus, ensuring the public has the right information to protect themselves and save lives.
The Rapid Response Unit, operating from within the Cabinet Office and No10, is tackling a range of harmful narratives online – from...Read More »
I would like to update you on our response to COVID-19.
I’m joined today by Dr Jenny Harries, the Deputy Chief Medical Officer.
As of 9am today:
127,737 people have now been tested for the virus.
108,215 have tested negative.
19,522 have tested positive.
Of those who have contracted the virus, 1,228 have, sadly, died.
The...Read More »
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic the UK government advised on 17 March against non-essential travel overseas.
Please note, we are working with the Bangladesh authorities and airlines to support British nationals who want to leave Bangladesh and return to the UK. If you are unable to leave at this...Read More »
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Do not meet others, even friends or family.
You can spread the...Read More »
- Public Health England guidance will give helpful tips on how to look after your wellbeing, alongside advice for parents and carers on children’s mental health
- Leading mental health charities given £5 million to expand support services
- Plans endorsed by Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as part of their...Read More »
A drive to boost Northern Ireland’s health and social care workforce during the Covid-19 pandemic is receiving a really positive response, Minister Robin Swann has announced....Read More »