- government focused on strengthening rail connections by investing in new and restoring disused stations
- part of government’s £500 million drive to reverse Beeching cuts of the 1960s and reopen essential rail links
- ten new stations across the country have already been built, attracting over a million passenger journeys
Towns and cities could...Read More »
A new team of experts are set to help schools curb unruly behaviour and prevent disruption in the classroom.
Schools with exemplary behaviour practices are being invited to lead the Government’s £10 million programme to improve discipline, as part of work to raise school standards across the country.
Supported by renowned behaviour...Read More »
Government to improve road journeys across the country with £93 million investment and cutting-edge transport tech
- 32 local authorities awarded share of £93.4 million to repair roads and bridges
- a further £900,000 will fund scientists, innovators, academics and tech-focused start-ups to research new ways to future proof the UK’s roads
- latest push by government to level up connectivity, by helping councils fix key infrastructure, tackling...Read More »
- HMP Wormwood Scrubs, Bedford and Feltham among first to benefit
- more staff, new technology and maintenance improvements will play key part
- will build on success of 10 Prisons Project with a data-driven approach
The Prison Performance Support Programme (PPSP) replaces Special Measures, and will offer a significant package of tailored support managed...Read More »
Thank you very much, Mr President, and welcome to the Council today. Welcome also to the German Foreign Minister. I thought he was totally right; as he said, it’s ever more difficult to put the human suffering in Idlib into words. It’s so true as we see the terrible human...Read More »
The whole country is concerned about the developing situation with coronavirus – covid-19.
We are doing everything reasonably possible to keep the public safe.
I want to start by praising the exemplary response of my officials, Public Health England, the whole NHS and the wider health system.
Earlier the Chief Medical Officer Chris...Read More »
Thank you for inviting me to speak with you today. It’s very good to see a group of such familiar faces and a session so well attended.
This conference, hosted by TCI’s Financial Services Commission, is timely on two levels. Back in the UK Brexit occurred 21 days ago meanwhile here,...Read More »
During his fourth visit to Baalbek, British Ambassador Chris Rampling toured ongoing UK funded projects, and inaugurated new ones, underlining the UK’s unswerving support to Baalbek and its surrounding areas.
Accompanied by Governor Bashir Khodr, Ambassador Rampling attended the Lebanese Enterprise and Employment Programme’s ‘UK Support To Baalbek’ event for small...Read More »