HSL is to run a 1 day course on Excelling in Health and Safety Culture and Leadership: The Way Forward.
29 March 2017
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE WILL BE HELD IN LONDON
- Have your reached a plateau in health and safety performance?
- Do you have an understanding of how good your health and safety culture is?
- Do you understand the impact of leadership on your health and safety culture?
- Are you seeking to improve how your business leads on health and safety?
- How confident are you in your ability to lead others to achieve health and safety cultural excellence?
What sort of leader are you? A variety of terms are used to describe the best leadership style: transactional, transformational, authentic, and resonant, to name a few. But what do these terms mean and which is the best?
HSL have undertaken research in the field of health and safety leadership, which identifies it as requiring a distinct set of competencies. Drawing on HSL’s expertise as psychologists and human factors experts, this event will help you develop your understanding of these competencies. Coupled with an understanding of what excellent health and safety culture looks like, this event will help you in driving a consistent approach to health and safety leadership within your business.
This event will:
- Explore delegates’ views on what health and safety culture is, reflecting on the importance of a just culture and the need to aspire towards becoming a high reliability organisation
- Define health and safety culture, reflecting on psychological, behavioural and situational components
- Safety culture and your business: enable you to understand the factors that can influence the development of a positive health and safety culture.
- Know how important it is to have an effective health and safety management system
- Consider methods that you might use to assess H&S culture and climate, including the use of KPIs, SPIs, leading and lagging indicators
- Know how important leadership is for health and safety culture
- Identify the key health and safety values and associated standards required for effective health and safety leadership introducing HSL’s evidence based leadership model
- Give you an opportunity to reflect on your own leadership style and identify specific competencies  that you feel you need to meet the identified standards
You will leave the event with the knowledge required to reflect and enhance your own leadership skills, influence those of others and positively influence your organisation’s health and safety culture and therefore business performance.
The event will be delivered by HSL consultants/trainers who are experts in the field of health and safety culture and leadership. The trainers will draw upon their experiences of working with a variety of industries and organisational sizes both within the UK and globally.
Who should attend?
Those with responsibility at any level for leading and managing in the field of health and safety e.g. Chief executives, H&S Directors, Operations Directors, HR managers, H&S managers, H&S professionals.
The cost of this course is £425 per person (includes course notes, lunch and refreshments).
 Competency refers to the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviour required.
Please note the invoice option is not available within 4 weeks of the course date, or for overseas customers. If you are selecting the invoice option for payment, it will be mandatory to input a purchase order/reference number as we are unable to process booking forms without this.
For further dates and additional information email: email@example.com or contact the Training & Conferences Unit
at HSL directly on +44 (0)1298 218806.