18 September 2020
The Green Party has urged the government to extend the ban on evictions in England and Wales that is due to end on Sunday (20 September).
Ahead of the expected end of the ban, Sian Berry, Green Party co-leader and Mayor of London candidate, said:
“Everybody has...Read More »
9 September 2020
- Green members re-elect Jonathan Bartley and Sian Berry as co-leaders
- Amelia Womack elected as deputy leader for fourth term
- Jonathan Bartley: “Only the Greens have a clear, positive vision for what the country could be, and the ambition to build a grassroots mass movement which will demand, and work...Read More »
21 August 2020
The ban on evictions in England has today been extended until 20 September. 
The ban was due to end on Sunday, 23 August, risking an unprecedented wave of homelessness, with a possible second wave of coronavirus on the way.
Responding to the announcement, Green Party councillor...Read More »
19 August 2020
Ahead of GCSE results day, the Green Party has warned the recent fiasco over using an algorithm to determine results illustrates the failings of placing too much emphasis on national examinations and league tables over the learning needs of individual children.
The Greens have now called for...Read More »
18 August 2020
- Two years since government published LGBT Action Plan yet still no action
- Greens condemn lack of progress and demand Liz Truss recommits to plan
- Natalie Bennett: “This government made a promise to the LGBTIQA+ community to make lives better, but the copious delays have meant more suffering and uncertainty.”
The...Read More »