The Government announced today (September 22) that four additional COVID-19 vaccination stations will be set up on September 30, while three Community Vaccination Centres (CVCs) will be closed on the same day so as to further improve the distribution network of vaccination venues in various districts and provide more convenient vaccination services to the public. The details are as follows:
(1) Lai Chi Kok Park Community Vaccination Station (CVS) will be set up to provide Sinovac vaccination services to persons aged 6 months or above. The CVS is located at the open space off the Lai Chi Kok Park Swimming Pool. It will operate from 9am to 6pm daily from September 30. Online reservations will be available from 9am tomorrow (September 23). Persons aged 60 or above can collect a same-day ticket to receive vaccination on the spot.
(2) The following three Private Clinic COVID-19 Vaccination Stations will be set up to provide Sinovac (for persons aged 6 months or above) and BioNTech (for persons aged 12 or above) vaccination services from September 30. Online reservations will also be available from 9am tomorrow. Persons aged 60 or above may obtain a same-day ticket for vaccination without an appointment.
- Chi Lok Fa Yuen, Tuen Mun (Mediheart);
- Kornhill Plaza Office Tower, 1 Kornhill Road, Quarry Bay (Dr Chong Wan Yip and Associates); and
- Club Lusitano, 16 Ice House Street, Central (Marina Medical).
(3) The CVCs at Sun Yat Sen Memorial Park Sports Centre, Leighton Centre and the Hong Kong Spinners Industrial Building will operate until noon on September 30.
The Secretary for the Civil Service, Mrs Ingrid Yeung, said, "The Lai Chi Kok Park CVS is well equipped and in compliance with the strict requirements in terms of ventilation, electricity and hygiene, and it is suitable for providing vaccination services. We have conducted a series of enhancement works at the CVS, including the addition of a platform and an overhead cover, and a ramp for easy access of wheelchairs to provide a more comfortable vaccination environment for members of the public."
The CVS is retrofitted from two containers. One of the containers is for handling registrations of members of the public receiving vaccination. The other one is for the administration of vaccine, with three vaccination booths. The resting room is set up at a sports centre nearby.
"The COVID-19 Vaccination Programme has been launched for a year and a half. We will adopt a more flexible and more cost-effective strategy to work with private medical organisations and make good use of different venues to set up vaccination stations at locations with convenient transportation or high patronage to expand the service network and cater for the public's demand for vaccination," she said.
"We plan to set up by phases additional CVSs in Wong Tai Sin, North Point and Yuen Long after the Lai Chi Kok Park CVS commences its operation."
Mrs Yeung expressed gratitude to Hysan Development for donating the containers previously used for the Caroline Hill Road Pop-up CVC for being retrofitted for use at the Lai Chi Kok Park CVS, as well as for providing Leighton Centre as a COVID-19 vaccination venue free of charge. At the same time, she also thanked the Fung Group for providing the Hong Kong Spinners Industrial Building as a venue for COVID-19 vaccination at no cost so as to enable more people to receive early protection conferred by the vaccine.
She added that the Government will continue to work with members and organisations of local communities, step up efforts to explain the benefits of vaccination to elderly persons and parents, and adopt a multi-pronged approach to encourage the public, in particular the elderly and children, to receive suitable doses of COVID-19 vaccine on time.
The designated website for the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme (www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/en/programme) provides the latest information including details on vaccination venues, reservation and enquiry hotlines. Members of the public can make reservations for vaccination services for free through the booking system on the website (booking.covidvaccine.gov.hk).