The Occupational Safety and Health Training Centre of the Labour Department (LD) will launch a wide range of occupational safety and health training courses in the second half of 2023. The courses aim to enhance the working population's awareness of occupational safety and health, as well as their understanding of the legal requirements and standards stipulated in occupational safety regulations.
The training courses cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Major Safety and Health Regulations related to Industrial Accident Prevention
- Safety Management Regulation cum Safety Inspection Programme and Accident/Incident Investigation
- Confined Spaces Regulation and other Safety Regulations related to Risk Assessment
- Major Safety Regulations related to Accident Prevention in Office Work (including Storage Work)
- Industrial Accident Cases Analysis and Related Safety Regulations cum Major Safety and Health Regulations related to Employees' Duties (with two classes conducted in English)
- Safety Regulations on Working in times of Inclement Weather and Hot Environment
- A Brief Introduction to Safety Regulations and Codes of Practice related to Working on Construction Sites (including Renovation, Maintenance, Alteration and Addition Works)
- Safety Regulations on Working at Height (including Truss-out Bamboo Scaffolds and Suspended Working Platforms) cum Codes of Practice on Scaffolds and Suspended Working Platforms (new course)
- Safety Regulations related to Tower Cranes, other Lifting Appliances and Lifting Gear cum Codes of Practice for Safe Use of Tower and Mobile Cranes (new course)
- Loadshifting Machinery Regulation cum Safe Use of Power-operated Elevating Work Platform and Common Heavy Machinery
- Major Safety Regulations related to Working in the Catering Trade
- Occupational Safety and Health Ordinance and Regulation
- Safety Regulations on Manual Handling Operations
- Dangerous Substances Regulations
- Health Hints on the Use of Computer cum More Exercise Smart Work
- Occupational Stress cum Happy Workplace
- First Aid in the Workplace
- Strategies for the Prevention of Occupational Diseases cum Work and Healthy Lifestyle
Unless otherwise specified, the courses will mainly be conducted in Cantonese at the LD's Occupational Safety and Health Training Centre, 13/F, KOLOUR Tsuen Wan I, 68 Chung On Street, Tsuen Wan. Enrolment is free.
Application forms are available at the training centre or offices of the Occupational Safety and Health Branch of the LD. They can also be downloaded from the department’s website (www.labour.gov.hk/eng/osh/form.htm). For enquiries, please call 2940 7057.
Follow this news feed: East Asia