The Registration and Electoral Office (REO) today (November 22) announced that, after a risk assessment, the polling station at Simon and Eleanor Kwok Building, Lingnan University, at the Tuen Mun District Council Fu Tai Constituency needs to be replaced by Hing Tak School (covered playground), 1 Hing Ping Road, Tuen Mun, New Territories.
SMS messages and/or emails will be sent to the electors of the Fu Tai Constituency who have provided mobile numbers and/or email addresses to REO when they registered as electors. Notices will also be posted at Fu Tai Estate to notify the electors the relevant changes.
The electors of the District Council Ordinary Election Sha Tin District Council Chun Ma Constituency are also reminded that, because of the closure of some of the facilities in the Constituency, some 200 electors of the Constituency may not be able to receive the letter and poll card sent by the REO indicating that the polling station at John Fulton Centre, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sha Tin, has been replaced by Yan Oi Tong HK Toi Shan Association Elderly Centre at G/F, 1 Tsun King Road, Royal Ascot, Fo Tan, Sha Tin, New Territories.
"Electors can log in to the Online Voter Information Enquiry System (OVIES) (www.voterinfo.gov.hk) if they have not yet received their poll card to check their designated polling station. They can also call the election hotline (2891 1001) for enquiries," said the spokesman for the REO.
"In addition to checking the name and address of the designated polling station, its location on the map, information on voter registration, electors can also find other polling information such as the polling date and polling hours on OVIES."
Announcements on relocation of five polling stations have been made so far:
- Sassoon Road Assembly Hall at Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong, which has been replaced by Yue Kwong Road Sports Centre at 43 Yue Kwong Road, Aberdeen;
- Hong Kong Community College at Hung Hom, which has been replaced by Yaumati Kaifong Association School at 80 Public Square Street, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon;
- Education University of Hong Kong Jockey Club Primary School at Tai Po, which has been replaced by SKH Yuen Chen Maun Chen Primary School at Kwong Fuk Estate, Tai Po, New Territories
- John Fulton Centre, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sha Tin, which has been replaced by Yan Oi Tong HK Toi Shan Association Elderly Centre at G/F, 1 Tsun King Road, Royal Ascot, Fo Tan, Sha Tin, New Territories
- Simon and Eleanor Kwok Building, Lingnan University, which is replaced by Hing Tak School (covered playground), 1 Hing Ping Road, Tuen Mun, New Territories.
The change may bring inconvenience to the electors concerned, but the REO appealed for their understanding and encouraged them to exercise their civic rights and fulfil their civil responsibilities by casting their votes on the polling day so as to elect their District Council members.
Follow this news feed: East Asia