Before you can start your annual return you must confirm all your charity’s details are correct, including all trustees’ contact details.
You cannot start your annual return until you’ve confirmed your charity’s details. It might take you a while to collect any missing information, for example all trustees’ email addresses and phone numbers.
What your charity needs to do
We recommend you:
- Check you can log in to your charity’s account.
- Collect information and use the service to confirm your charity’s details.
- Start your annual return.
1. Check you can log into your charity’s account
You’ll need your charity’s:
- registration number
If you cannot log in and do not have access to your charity contact’s email address, it can take up to 2 working days to get a new password.
2. Collect information and use the service to confirm your charity’s details
Log in and select ‘Update Charity Details’ from your list of available services. You’ll need to check and confirm all your charity’s contact and administrative details we have on record are correct.
If any of this information is missing on your charity’s record, you’ll need to fill it in. Leave enough time to be able to check details with all your trustees and people who manage your charity’s finances.
3. Start your annual return
After you have submitted your confirmation of your charity’s details you can start your annual return:
- Check what your charity needs to submit.
- Gather information.
- Log in and select ‘Annual Return’ from your list of available services.
If your charity’s income is over £10,000, or it is a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO), you’ll also need to check if any of the new questions on the annual return apply to your charity.
Follow this news feed: HM Government