News story: Certificate refunds: overseas and unregistered companies


You can apply for a refund if you’ve bought an incorporation certificate for overseas or unregistered companies from Companies House.

Certain companies don’t need a certificate of incorporation or registration from us.

These companies are:

  • Overseas companies
  • European public limited liability companies
  • Unregistered companies

We won’t be issuing certificates or certified copies for these companies any more, as we don’t have any legal power to do this.

If you’ve bought these products for the above companies directly from us, you’re entitled to a refund.

How to get a refund

To apply for a refund, send a proof of purchase and your request to:

Lynda Brown
Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ

There’s no time limit to send us a claim for a refund.

Refund price

Depending on how you ordered the product, you’ll be refunded the following costs:

For a certificate of incorporation or registration:  
By post or collection £15
Same day certificate of incorporation by post or collection £50
Additional certificate (for same company) by post or collection £10
For a certified copy:  
By post or collection £15
Same day certified copy of document by post or collection £50

Third party suppliers

If you purchased the product from a third party supplier, you’ll need to contact the company you bought the information from. We can only provide refunds to customers who bought from us directly.


If you need any further advice, email or telephone our contact centre on 0303 1234 500.

About GovWorldMag

This site focuses on government related issues and showcases the work and creative energies of the welters organisation within Government and Local Authority.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.