British Furniture Manufacturers
British Furniture Manufacturers (BFM) is a trade association, employers’ organisation and member of the European Furniture Manufacturers’ Association. BFM has been representing the interests of the furniture industry for more than 60 years. BFM has a broad based membership covering, domestic, contract, office and kitchen manufacturers as well as a number of suppliers to the industry and retailers. In addition to its representational role, BFM offers an extensive membership services portfolio focused on providing ‘value for money’.
Mission statement: “To represent the membership, safeguarding the interests and promoting the standards and competitiveness, both nationally and internationally, in conjunction with the provision of services which have an impact on members’ businesses”
Please see the services section for the benefits to furniture manufacturers of joining. BFM also has a membership category for suppliers to the industry – see details.
BFM also has a membership category for suppliers to the industry – see details.
To fulfil this mission, BFM aims:
• To be recognised by government, the media and the industry as the effective voice in furniture
• To serve the interest of the industry
• To work with the membership in the creation of a strong and integrated sector
• To provide a continuously developing and first class range of services to assist members to compete successfully at home and overseas
• To expand the membership through the excellence of the services offered.
• To continue to strengthen the financial position and thereby enable further investment in services
• To encourage co-operation and convergence with other trade bodies whilst remaining an organisation independently owned by the membership